I saw the recipe below and figured we could do this easily. I didn’t have some ingredients on hand but I suppose it would be alright to substitute whatever we had on our pantry.
Vanilla Almond Milk = Soy Milk
Shredded Coconut = Ground Flaxseed
Dates = Prunes
Almond Butter = regular unsalted butter
Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (recipe from the link)
- 1½ Tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks or carob chips
- 1 Tablespoon creamy almond butter
- large pinch of cinnamonInstructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chia seeds and almond milk and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes, or until the chia seeds have created a nice gel-like consistency.
- Pour the chia seed gel into a medium sized mixing bowl and add in the mashed bananas, oats, coconut, almond butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- Gently stir in the dates and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop out dough (about 1-2 tablespoons worth) onto a baking stone or a greased cookie sheet and use a fork to press the dough down a little to make more of a cookie shape. You should get about 15 cookies.
- Place in oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies have browned a tiny bit.
- Take them out, let cool and enjoy.